CANINE REHAB Saskatoon is offering an updated online fitness and conditioning class starting November 8, 2020. The goal of the class is to give you tools to improve your dog’s overall fitness level. The exercises are designed to increase your dog’s balance and proprioception, strength, flexibility and endurance. Although there will be frequent reference to the sporting dog, the material is appropriate for any dog if you want to keep a dog fit and injury free. Please note: there is new content added since the spring 2019 class.
The class will consist of 9 units over a 14-16 week period. The tentative schedule is:
- Baseline testing
- Working with a stool, one or two inflatables (disc, or fit bone)
- Core strengthening
- The canine shoulder
- Sit to stand work; hill work
- Backing up exercises; concentric and eccentric muscle work (important for collection)
- Peanut ball and cavaletti work
- Warm up/cool down routines; special considerations for the geriatric dog
- Stretching your dog
- fit disc or fitbone
- training plank approximately 14″ x 40″
- optional equipment: peanut ball, wobble board, bosu ball
The course is designed for healthy adult dogs. If you have any doubt about your dog’s suitability for participation, please consult with your veterinarian first.
For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is now open with the link to the form below.